Send in the Klau: Hadley says World Cup spot just the start for keeper


READ MORE

“I’ve always struggled with it,” she said about confidence. “I’ve worked on it though. The turning point was a coaches meeting [I attended] at the start of the year and it was mentioned I lacked self-belief.


“That conversation made me think to myself I could actually do this by putting everything forward … doing everything I possibly can. I realised that even if I did fall short I’d at least know I put everything out there for everyone to see.


“I don’t know why [confidence doesn’t come naturally]. Perhaps it’s human nature to automatically feed the negative stuff. Although, I have switched those thoughts around. In previous years, if something didn’t work out, I would’ve dwelt on it, thinking, ‘I should’ve done this’ or ‘damn it, I did that’. I focus instead these days on positive self-talk and my capability.”


Up for the battle: Sarah Klau and Peace Proscovia fight for possession in round four.

Up for the battle: Sarah Klau and Peace Proscovia fight for possession in round four.Credit:AAP


Klau, who was raised in rural South Australia before attending boarding school in Adelaide at Immanuel College, has numerous achievements to be proud of. Besides her netballing feats, she also plays the violin, piano and flute, while she’s in the middle of completing her masters in occupational therapy.


Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/sbsnews-topstories/~3/nRCQawWArps/stupid-fools-hanson-slams-mps-who-backflipped-on-it-s-ok-to-be-white-motion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV