'No man, I'm done: Mundine says retirement is final after Horn loss


READ MORE

“I’m 48-9 and a few of those fights I could have won. I beat some of the best fighters in the world. A lot of people talk trash now but that’s all good, this is their chance to celebrate. But nothing will get me down, I’m a positive thinker and a positive person,” Mundine said.


“I accept it [the result] as a man and it couldn’t have happened to a better guy than Jeff. Good luck to them. Hopefully they can bounce back and fight some of the best welterweights and middleweights in the world.”


Down and out: Anthony Mundine is counted out after being felled by a left hook at Suncorp Stadium.

Down and out: Anthony Mundine is counted out after being felled by a left hook at Suncorp Stadium. Credit:AAP


Mundine said he believed Horn could challenge for another world title, in a number of weight divisions, and he was far more difficult to hit than he looked on film.


“As far as Jeff, he’s young, he’s in his prime. I think he can [challenge for another title]. He’s like [US welterweight] Shawn Porter, he’s got a style that’s very hard to deal with.


Article source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/young-magpies-gun-to-sign-contract-extension-20180416-p4z9yn.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV