'Every day is hard': Ellia Green on speed, loss and rugby sevens


READ MORE

“Carlin made it very clear,” Green says over lunch in Sydney. “He said to me, ‘God gave you a gift and you have to use it’. It’s definitely made me think a lot more about the way I play.”


When we meet, the 24-year-old has just returned from a top-secret project that brought her together with Baker and Isles for a week in Johannesburg. In between filming commitments, the trio trained together every day. Green and Isles, in particular, started drilling down on the mechanics of her form.


“Carlin is a next-level kind of athlete. There’s not many I’ve met like him,” says Green.


“We did lots of sprint training. He took a lot of slow-motion footage of me and singled out every single movement I was doing right or wrong. He helped me a lot and I like to say I helped him with a few things too, rugby-wise.”


That moment in Dubai on Thursday was also a fleeting moment of freedom for Green, an escape from the ever-present sadness that has settled over her heart since her mother, Yolanta, died not quite four months ago.


Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/sbsnews-topstories/~3/VFNz_N4UjXg/death-toll-from-philippines-storm-rises-to-74-with-dozens-still-missing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV