Kyrgios says lighter load and better mental health gives him balance


READ MORE

He will lighten his workload in 2019 to give his body and mind time to properly recuperate after admitting to being in “dark places” on the tour this year and seeking help of psychologists.


“I just feel like I’ve found out what works for me,” Kyrgios said. “Long schedules away from home, playing unnecessary events and focusing on things that don’t matter to me personally is what drained me this year.


“I was in some dark places this year, that’s for sure. When I was on the road, I was in some very dark places.


“I know I’ve got to keep my schedule lighter, play the events I want to play and just put my focus on the [NK Foundation], when I think that I only get good vibes. At the end of the day, that’s what it’s about and if I can make a difference, then great.”


Article source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/young-magpies-gun-to-sign-contract-extension-20180416-p4z9yn.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV