'She's 39 and still beating us': Magpie veteran lives on the edge


READ MORE

“She’s 84 and was recently diagnosed with cancer, given six months to live and has just started chemo. At the moment, I’m juggling looking after Nan, working 30 hours a week and AFLW.”


The small defender will line up against Geelong on Saturday night after being delisted before Collingwood’s final home-and-away game last year.


Ahead of surgery on a torn meniscus, the Pies told McIntosh they weren’t sure how she’d recover at her age. But they also said she was in their best 21 players.


“I really did force their hand. I was allowed to train at the club and four weeks into my rehab Nick
Maxwell [leadership and culture manager] and [coach] Wayne Siekman pulled me out of the gym
and I thought I was in trouble. They said we can’t go past your work ethic, training and
professionalism and the way you’re doing your rehab – we’re going to re-sign you,’’ McIntosh says.


“I don’t think you have to be in the leadership group to set an example so if the younger girls look up to me for my work ethic and think, ‘C-Bomb is 39 and she’s still beating us,’ and that makes them
want to be the best they can be, then I’m happy it’s inspiring them. Whether it’s my teammates or
fans, if I’ve inspired one person then I’ve done my job.”


Article source: https://www.smh.com.au/national/western-australia/future-of-perth-motorplex-drags-on-with-racers-facing-uncertainty-20180627-p4zo1g.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV