New Cats on the block ready to hit the ground running in AFLW


READ MORE
Geelong and Collingwood captains Melissa Hickey and Steph Chiocci.

Geelong and Collingwood captains Melissa Hickey and Steph Chiocci.Credit:AAP


In May last year I stood on the boundary line at GMHBA Stadium and looked at the blue and grey vacant seats, all 34,000 of them. Coach Paul Hood asked me to imagine them full.


It’s hard to believe that on Saturday night the dream that was sold to me all those months ago, when Hoody showed me around the Cattery, will become a reality. Geelong and Collingwood, both wearing stripes and both full of tradition and history, will meet for the first time in the AFLW competition.


That initial meeting feels like a lifetime ago. Since then I have made the difficult decision to leave my GWS teammates where I had spent the past two seasons. Though I enjoyed my second season with the Giants, the opportunity to stay at home in Victoria with my family and friends was too good to refuse.


Living in western Sydney compared to Geelong couldn’t be any more different. In Sydney AFL often plays second fiddle to other sports, whereas Geelong is footy-centric.  The light towers of GMHBA Stadium act as a constant reminder that footy is the biggest, most important thing in town.


Article source: https://www.watoday.com.au/politics/federal/frankenstein-s-monster-energy-plan-may-allow-states-to-free-ride-20180615-p4zlsk.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_politics_federal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV