Zoe Buckman wants to run onto the podium at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games


READ MORE

“There’s always a bit of luck involved but I feel like I’m always ready for championship races, I may not have the greatest lead-up but I always peak at the right time, it’s just about having that patience.”


Buckman wanted to become the first Australian women to run under four minutes at the worlds last year, but on the Gold Coast she’ll be running for a spot on the podium, not a time.


“I’m not thinking about time, I always run my fastest when I just run my race and I’m hoping I can get up there and have that race when it all comes together,” Buckman said.


“It gets harder to improve the faster you run at this level. I ran a personal best after Rio, so I think the best is yet to come and I’ve been staying injury-free which is a big factor.


Following a second-place finish at nationals in February, Buckman made a rapid-fire trip to Ireland and Scotland for more racing and admits she didn’t give herself enough to time to recover.


Article source: http://smh.com.au/world/texts-on-a-plane-about-child-sexual-assault-lead-to-two-arrests-20170805-gxq69f.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV