15 cents per km: Indonesian gig-economy drivers fed up with low wages


READ MORE

So it was that your correspondent, attempting to steal an hour at lunch (a visiting Papa Massola in tow) to check out the Museum Nasional Indonesia, and walked into the middle of the protest.


The museum, of course, was shut. The guard at the gate gesturing at the mass of people milling around.


So as we wended our way back to my office, passing the thousands of riders, we stopped for a chat.


As I pulled out my notepad and tried to explain in awful Bahasa who I was and why I wanted to ask some questions, Yusuf, a GoJek driver, was thrust forward by his mates to speak to me.


Yusuf, and his friends, were all smiles as they answered my questions.


Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/sbsnews-topstories/~3/BfLX19Q4eCQ/praise-for-australia-captain-tim-paine-s-gesture-of-respect

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV