Canberra entrepreneur Mick Spencer from ONTHEGO launches first book


READ MORE

By the age of 12, Spencer was too scared to leave the house on weekends. His parents Greg, a builder, and Cathy, a nurse, refused to mollycoddle him. One Saturday, they gave their son $50, told him to get on a bus, “go to new places” and use the money “to explore and discover”.


“I didn’t even have a mobile! I was scared, of course, and didn’t want to go. ‘You’re going,’ Dad said, ‘and I don’t want to see you back here until after 5pm tonight’,” he writes in the book.


It was a turning point.


“Even though I felt scared, there was something else — it was thrilling! I loved it! That day is responsible for my constant addiction to adventure, to finding new things and to operating outside of my comfort zone.”


Canberra's Mick Spencer (right) with Aussie legends, former Australian cricket captain, Steve Waugh, and former prime minister, Bob Hawke.

Canberra’s Mick Spencer (right) with Aussie legends, former Australian cricket captain, Steve Waugh, and former prime minister, Bob Hawke.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV