As I sense anxiety darkness returning, this is for my fellow swimmers


READ MORE

It should be noted that the very real concerns of women are often dismissed by health practitioners, but, in this case, my doctor was correct. I had a neurological condition, but it was one that impacted my mental rather than physical health.


It began long before my twenties, with the hypochondria that characterised that incident first emerging when I was a small child. It seemed manageable enough back then, but it really slammed me hard for the first time after I turned 12.


We had just moved to England, and I struggled to adapt to the change. I woke up one morning with a single frequency ringing in one ear. Over the next few days, it turned into a cacophony of sound from which there was no escape. I ground my teeth to distract from it, but I learned to cope in other ways too.


This was when I began counting things and patterns obsessively, washing my hands repeatedly (and according to a particular ritual), turning lights on and off a certain number of times when I entered or left a room and becoming wedged in thought loops for days on end.


Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/sbsnews-topstories/~3/FWx3msUkPtg/amazon-says-australia-s-launch-is-its-biggest-ever-international-opening

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV