Hard yards in Italy paying off for Socceroo Chris Ikonomidis


READ MORE

Now 23, Ikonomidis’ debut goal for the Socceroos has confirmed what he already knew: it was all totally worth it.


“It had probably the biggest influence on my career, my time in Italy,” he said.


“All my youth development over there, everything I learned was the Italian style – whether it was technically, tactically or mentally. I feel like I grew a lot going over there and it was probably the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.


“The main thing that it gave me, apart from my skills, was the mental strength. I moved over by myself and had to sacrifice a lot to follow my dream of becoming a professional. The stuff I went through in Italy is definitely helping me today. It keeps me more calm and a little bit more centralised in all my thoughts.”


Article source: https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/12/19/stars-who-used-fame-for-good-2018-pics-eg18/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV