Aretha Franklin funeral bishop apologises to Ariana Grande after touch


READ MORE

“It would never be my intention to touch any woman’s breast. … I don’t know I guess I put my arm around her,” Ellis said. “Maybe I crossed the border, maybe I was too friendly or familiar but again, I apologise.”


He said he hugged all the performers during Friday’s eight-hour service.


A person holds a program during the funeral service for Aretha Franklin.

A person holds a program during the funeral service for Aretha Franklin.


Photo: AP

“I hug all the female artists and the male artists,” Ellis said. “Everybody that was up, I shook their hands and hugged them. That’s what we are all about in the church. We are all about love.”


He added: “The last thing I want to do is to be a distraction to this day. This is all about Aretha Franklin.”


Article source: https://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment/theatre/obscene-madame-d-review-sudden-shafts-of-beauty-penetrate-dense-alphabet-soup-20180524-h10h1u.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV