Smith's ire fired by the booing of Billy


READ MORE

“It’s not how it’s panned out, that’s footy,” a philosophical Slater told Johns.


“We tried our best but that’s the way it goes. I’m really grateful for the career I’ve had, the friends I’ve made and what rugby league has done for me.”


Unlike the crowd, Smith savoured his final time with his former club, Queensland and Kangaroos teammate Slater.


“There have been a couple of moments this week [where I] was taking time to realise it is the last time I am here with Billy,” he said.


“At the captain’s run yesterday, that was the last time we ever trained together. Going out on the bus, that was the last time we travelled to a game together.


Article source: http://watoday.com.au/comment/obituaries/doreen-warburton-stalwart-of-sydney-theatre-for-more-than-three-decades-20170726-gxj4kf.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Styles Unfollows His Keyboardist, Who Defended A Man Charged With Rape, & Fans Cheer

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts wants migration rate more than halved

World Cup Central: Dhoni, Akhtar, Botham in All Blacks all-time cricket XV